Logility is searching for a Technical Architect for our Global Implementation Services group. The candidate that fills this role will assist the project team with technical aspects of the software implementation project. Tasks may include software installation, deliver customer training in data model/data integration, assist client with data and system integration tasks, user security set-up and configuration, delivery of application analytics capabilities, working with functional consultants to translate and support technical capabilities, define, develop, test and implement batch script jobs, work with R&D to communicate technical requirements and potential enhancements. This position can be located anywhere in the US.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Setup and coordinate technical acceptance testing efforts which will support final acceptance and critical phase sign-off by the IT and business owners
- Follows up on cases opened up with Logility Support Services to help in resolving defects for the customer.
- Provides technical support during the ‘go-live’ and post go live period
- Ensures knowledge transfer is conducted with key customer project team / end users to maximize customer’s on their own success after Logility’s project roll-off
- Communicate technical project risks that may have a negative impact on the project schedule, scope or budget
- Escalate technical project issues which surface and cannot be quickly resolved which will have an impact on the project schedule, scope or budget
- Test new versions of Logility install packages 1-4 times per year; work with R&D to resolve issues.
- Upgrade/install of Logility software packages. This includes OS, SSIS, and database configuration, database sizing, SQL script troubleshooting, DB client (especially oracle) install troubleshooting, basic network connectivity troubleshooting.
- Database config is mostly SQL Server, but about 25% Oracle
- Provides hardware recommendations, to vary with project specific inputs (item/loc/other attribute counts, number of DB’s, number of users, growth factors, etc..)
- Creates multi-technology solutions to address project specific business requirements. This includes combinations of Logility Run Options (sub-programs), automation, integration, and SQL extensions.
- Define complex process orchestration (automation) schedule, to include multiple dependencies, error checking and alternative execution paths, negative dependencies, triggers, exclusion times, and special calendars.
- Writes automation scripts (windows command or powershell)to automate Logility processes and SQL extensions.
- Produce auditable project artifacts, like Automation Plan Document, Technical Specifications/Requirements/Design documents, Hardware Recommendations, Integration Mapping
- Perform Technical Solution Effectiveness Reviews – on site engagements where the TA interviews client personnel, identifies pain points and opportunities for enhancing performance and quality of life for service staff. Produces written evaluation, recommendations for improvement, and estimates.
- Presents training events and workshops – Technical Administration, Interfaces, Database, Alerts and Reports.
- Creates moderate to complex SQL scripts to extend off the shelf software functionality. Process includes requirements gathering, estimating, and working within the budget.
- Troubleshooting technical software, automation and some integration issues
- Configure OS, database servers, shares, Logility software, FTP sites, services, security groups, SAML/LDAP (within Logility software)
- Execute performance optimization: SQL, DB, VM, Logility Software sub-programs
- Configures Logility Halo branded BI software; good SQL ability and knowledge of Logility tables are most of the skills used here.
- 5+ years of hands-on experience in database administration (MS SQL Server or Oracle) or as a consultant providing technical support for enterprise level package software environment
- 5+ years of scripting experience
- 3+ years of specific experience working with major supply chain applications as a technical resource or as a technical consultant supporting supply chain solutions for customers.
- Relevant solutions consulting and implementation experience with other leading supply chain planning solutions such as Manugistics, i2, JDA, Oracle, SAP, Demantra or leading supply chain planning solutions will be considered (experience with Logility Voyager applications is highly desirable)
- Strong analytical and design skills
- Solid understanding of functional business processes supported by Supply Chain planning solutions
- Relevant industry certification from APICS, IBF, INFORM will be a plus
- Advanced degree in Computer Science, or Computer Engineering preferred.
- A combination of Bachelor’s degree and relevant industry experience may be considered in lieu of advanced degree
- Current or prior experience working in Management Consulting organization or Technical Center or Excellence settings preferred Strong skills in Microsoft Office (Work, Excel, PowerPoint), Microsoft Project, and Microsoft Visio.
- Ability to prepare and deliver presentations for user, management, and executive level audiences; Strong verbal, written and interpersonal skills required
- Work remotely 75% of the time, other 25% on site (travel).
- Must successfully complete and clear a criminal background check