- Atlanta, GA
- Full Time
The Director of Communications is responsible for developing relevant and compelling narratives that amplify the value of our brand and customer success through all relevant media. And to define, develop, and execute proactive, creative media relations strategies for company stakeholders and agency teams. This position is Remote; candidates based in the Greater Atlanta area strongly considered.
CRITICAL COMPONENTS & SKILL SETS
- Knowledge. Should be knowledgeable of enterprise software corporate communication best practices and have great understanding of developing successful media and public relations strategy.
- Experience. Supply chain, ERP, or complimentary enterprise software marketing and communications experience preferably with a public company.
- Creativity. Proactively defines new creative PR or media relations strategy and identifies new channels and outlets for communication and explores new ways for the brand to be amplified.
- Attention to Detail. Meticulous about accurate representation of the company, brand, and messages that are promoted. Organized, and deeply passionate about delivering perfection when it comes to message, brand value, and customer success.
- Natural curiosity. Genuinely interested in crafting powerful messages and stories that exemplify the value of our brand, solutions and success of our customers.
- Strategic thinking/visioning. Passionate about finding a new way to articulate value and experienced at presenting value to media and influencers.
- Honesty/integrity. Does not cut corners ethically. Earns trust and maintains confidences. Does what is right, not just what is politically expedient. Speaks plainly and truthfully. Engages and represents the company as the brand ambassador to influencer and media community.
- Decisiveness. Intuitively skilled at responding to crisis, change, and opportunity quickly and then translating into valuable communications that amplify brand.
- Curiosity. Naturally seeks new knowledge and learns quickly. Demonstrates ability to quickly and proficiently understand and absorb new information and translate and amplify message and content through channels that raise brand awareness.
- Flexibility/adaptability. Adjust quickly to changing priorities and conditions. Copes effectively with complexity and change. Open and collaborative when constructing new communication strategy.
- Enthusiasm. Exhibits passion and excitement for engagement with stakeholders and media. Driven to identify the essence of a story, the value of a solution, and the amplification of a success story.
- Teamwork. Proactively reaches out to peers and engages to establish an overall collaborative working relationship.
- Communication Skills. Maintain an excellent communication framework across the various organizational functions and share best practices internally, with partners and agency.
- 6+ years of experience that includes PR agency and in-house communications roles.
- Bachelor’s in Journalism, Marketing, PR, English, Communications, or related field.
- Exceptional ability to write and communicate clearly and concisely.
- An exceptional storyteller.
- Experience executing company-wide communications strategies in the technology sector.
- Knowledge of Supply Chain and ERP software market.
- Experience with tier one media, analyst (Gartner, Forrester) and general tech influencer community.
- Ability to collaborate and work across different groups.
- Can give feedback thoughtfully and receive it gracefully.
- Extremely self-motivated, results-driven and demonstrates a positive, can-do attitude.