Business Consultant (Functional)
Duties and Responsibilities
- Business knowledge – Must be able to understand the client’s business requirements and industry practices.
- Presentation skills – must be able to perform an effective discovery of the client’s business challenges and translate that into an effective presentation of how the Logility solutions provide a unique and compelling value to those business requirements.
- Application knowledge – must understand in depth how the software works and be able to make it look easy for clients.
- Work closely with customers, prospects and internal sales teams
- Engage resources from within the sales team and other internal resources to assemble competitive solution presentations and demonstrations
- Employ a consultative selling approach including operational surveys, consultative discussions and presentations to achieve quantifiable results tailored to the customer’s business.
- Demonstrations follow a Show-Tell-Show methodology.
- Provide pre-sales support and assist in the development of business proposals including RFI/RFP responses
- Provide subject matter and technical guidance
- Help maintain the internal demo environment
- Manage a discovery session, listen and comprehend business challenges
- University degree or equivalent work experience
- High energy
- Results driven
- Excellent presentation and both written and oral communication skills
- Independent and self-motivated
- Ability to interact effectively with both technical and non-technical personnel and customers
- Team oriented selling approach
- Strong time management and organization skills
- Well defined survey and sales strategy process
- Sufficient knowledge of business accounting and subject matter to develop detailed return on investment analysis associated with the solution
- Stable work history
- Track record of exceeding target over multiple years
- 5+ years’ experience in supply chain software solutions sales
- Ability to survey, comprehend and assess supply chain opportunities
- Effectively formulate a compelling presentation and demonstration strategy
- Supply Chain Management software demonstration skills