Food and beverage companies face ever-increasing digital supply chain challenges often including long raw material lead times, fluctuating commodity prices, high demand uncertainty and seasonality, short shelf-life and perishability, growing and ever-changing portfolio or products, increasing regulations, and an imperative to meet increasing customer expectations for safe, high quality products when and where customers want them. Often the number one digital supply chain imperative is increasing speed: speed of product launches, speed of decision making, speed of purchasing and manufacturing, and most importantly, speed of customer fulfillment.
What if you could break down the barriers preventing the flow of information … collaborate across teams, departments, continents—even customers and suppliers—to make the smartest decisions in the shortest amount of time … what if you could dramatically collapse planning cycles and gain a first mover advantage … or be able to ride a new unanticipated trend?
- Imagine one plan leveraged across your business to bring products to market faster.
- Starting with design, tech specs, and vendor onboarding and compliance tracking. Considering how the product looks … testing … and the right balance to achieve a high quality product.
- Moving to forecasting, sourcing and production. Looking at positioning raw materials … or bringing together components from multiple sources … or considering factors like seasonality and capacity.
- On to distribution in today’s omni-channel network, including distribution centers, stores, or front doors.
- Then imagine collaborating every step of the way. Leveraging sales and operations planning. Balancing inventory demand and supply. Using advanced analytics to gain better visibility and new insights across your business.
This white paper discusses how to tackle these challenges with a strong digital supply chain and by increasing speed: speed of product launches, speed of decision making, speed of purchasing and manufacturing, and most importantly, speed of customer fulfillment.