Avoiding Common Pitfalls of SCM-SAP Integration
The value of custom SAP integration without custom development
Running an entire enterprise from one large suite of seamlessly integrated applications is a powerful vision, and nobody has implemented this vision better than an SAP integration.
Best-of-breed supply chain optimization solutions can increase service levels, minimize inventory, drive fact-based decisions, handle demand uncertainty and supply volatility, and manage product life cycles for maximum profitability. A crucial question is how to integrate these powerful solutions with the organizations enterprise resource planning (ERP) and advanced planning and scheduling (APS) systems. Some dangers are obvious, while others may remain hidden, then suddenly emerge to put the solution at risk. This paper compares two approaches:
- Integration of SAP SCM with SAP ERP using SAP standard integration The standard SAP ERP to SAP SCM integration provides a strong, highly complex, technological starting point for SAP SCM integration. The integration provides near-real-time transfer of data between ERP and SCM, tightly coupled with the SAP ERP data model. The integration is typically implemented over 8 to 24 months using standard SAP project methodology and tools by a team of SAP ERP, SAP SCM and SAP integration and ABAP coding professionals.
- Logility s template-based integration of Voyager Solutions with SAP ERP Logility SCM – SAP ERP integration projects use proven, pre-built data mappings and logic for as much as 80% of the integration scope, while the remaining 20% is configured based on the organization s unique SCM requirements. This approach reduces the team size, lowers cost, and presents less risk.
Common pitfalls for integration fall into four groups: cost and effort, scalability and speed, sustainability, and flexibility.
This white paper discusses how Logility delivers high-performance ERP SAP integration in less time and at lower cost, while providing long-term value by continually upgrading software components to maintain currency with data model updates over time.