A Digital Transformation Guide for Supply Chain Disruptions
Supply chain disruptions large and small will continue to affect today’s complex, global supply chains, and trying to manage your way through them with an ERP and spreadsheets is not the answer. As a supply chain professional, you have the power to learn from experiences such as the COVID-19 pandemic and take actions now that can help your company be better prepared to face future disruptions.
Ask yourself these questions:
- Do you have access to comprehensive, clean, consistent, current and convenient supply chain data from your supplier’s supplier to your customer’s consumer?
- Can you quickly sense a disruption in your extended supply chain, analyze options to mitigate the disruption and execute the best response?
- Do you have a plan for adopting advanced analytics, artificial intelligence and machine learning into your supply chain operations?
- Do you have the ability to run multiple “what-if” scenarios to analyze how your supply chain will be affected by different types of disruptions and to develop mitigation plans for those that are more likely to occur?
This eBook offers eight tips to help you set a path for digital transformation and better plan and prepare for the future, including:
- Strengthening your supply chain data management capabilities
- Predicting demand with greater accuracy
- Optimizing inventory type, levels and placement
- Automating processes and making faster decisions