Hostess Brands is one of the largest packaged food companies focused on developing, manufacturing, marketing, selling and distributing fresh baked sweet goods in the United States.
To create a new company and return some of America’s best loved snack food brands to the shelf, Hostess needed to reevaluate it supply chain network for greater efficiencies.
Logility Voyager Solutions™ helped Hostess manage demand for seasonal products, introduce new products, accelerate inventory turns and move from a push to a pull based distribution strategy.
- Moved from bankruptcy to market reentry in under 24 months, culminating with an IPO of $2.3 billion
- Shifted from a decentralized, direct store delivery model to a centralized planning and distribution strategy for more control of production and logistics
- Achieved rapid inventory turns of 40-50 in the fresh distribution portfolio, and 15-20 turns in frozen portfolio
- Supported an 80% growth in product offerings
- Implemented a sales and operations planning (S&OP) process for more collaborative decision making