Big Lots – Where Speed Equals Savings
Big Lots Inc., through its subsidiaries, is a unique, non-traditional, discount retailer operating approximately 1,460 stores in 48 states with product assortments in the merchandise categories of food consumables, furniture and home décor, seasonal goods, electronics and accessories.
Big Lots needed a better way to allocate inventory specific to each of its retail locations to further accelerate inventory turns, align inventory levels to sales demand while matching local preferences and managing thousands of active SKUs across a broad portfolio.
Big Lots implemented Logility Allocation™ and experienced significantly improved turnover, access to granular level data from each store to arm its allocation analysts and management team with information to make the most strategic and profitable buys and align inventory levels with sales demand.
- Significant and quick improvement in inventory turnover
- Process 50 million store/SKU transactions per evening
- Aligned inventory investment to sales demand at very low levels of granularity – by store, by merchandise, by product
- Access to advanced analytics, KPIs (Key Performance Indicators) and reporting
- Development of lost sales analysis which has helped the retailer better plan for the next season