Annual INFORMS Award Recognizes Strong Mathematics Applied to Practical Problems
ATLANTA – November 1, 2012 –
Logility Inc., a leading supplier of collaborative solutions to optimize the supply chain, is pleased to recognize Sean Willems, Ph.D., chief scientist at Logility and associate professor of Operations and Technology Management, Boston University School of Management, and John Ruark, Ph.D., vice president, Inventory Optimization, Logility, and co-authors Salal Humair, Research Scientist at Department of Global Health and Population, Harvard School of Public Health, and Brian Tomlin, Associate Professor of Business Administration at Tuck School of Business at Dartmouth, as finalists for the 2012 Daniel H. Wagner Prize for Excellence in Operations Research Practice presented by the Institute for Operations Research and the Management Sciences (INFORMS).
- Selected as a finalist for their work on “Incorporating Stochastic Lead Times into the Guaranteed Service Model of Safety Stock Optimization” which reviews the challenges and discusses how to account for lead time variability, particularly in a multi-echelon supply chain network.
- This Daniel H. Wagner Prize is awarded for a new mathematical development / solution, unique new algorithm, or series of coherent advances developed in conjunction with an application.
- The paper will be published in Interfaces, the INFORMS journal on the practice of operations research.
- Sean Willems, Ph.D. was a winner of the 2008 Daniel H. Wagner Prize for his work on “Managing Inventory in Supply Chains with Non-Stationary Demand” as well as a 2008 finalist for “Correcting Heterogeneous & Biased Forecast Error at Intel for Supply Chain Optimization” and a finalist in 2006 for “A Periodic Review Modeling Approach for Guaranteed Service Supply Chains.”
- For their work with companies including Hewlett Packard and Proctor & Gamble, John Ruark, Ph.D. and Sean Willems, Ph.D. were selected as finalists for the prestigious 2003 and 2010 Franz Edelman Award.
With more than 1,250 customers worldwide, Logility is a leading provider of collaborative, best-of-breed supply chain solutions that help small, medium, large and Fortune 1000 companies realize substantial bottom-line results in record time. Logility Voyager Solutions is a complete supply chain management solution that features a performance monitoring architecture and provides supply chain visibility; demand, inventory and replenishment planning; Sales and Operations Planning (S&OP); supply and inventory optimization; manufacturing planning and scheduling; transportation planning and management; and warehouse management. Logility customers include Fender Musical Instruments, Hewlett-Packard, Parker Hannifin, Sigma-Aldrich, Verizon Wireless, and VF Corporation. Logility is a wholly owned subsidiary of American Software, Inc. (NASDAQ: AMSWA). For more information about Logility, call 1-800-762-5207 USA or visit www.logility.com
This press release contains forward-looking statements that are subject to substantial risks and uncertainties. There are a number of factors that could cause actual results to differ materially from those anticipated by statements made herein. These factors include, but are not limited to, continuing U.S. and global economic uncertainty, the timing and degree of business recovery, unpredictability and the irregular pattern of future revenues, dependence on particular market segments or customers, competitive pressures, delays, product liability and warranty claims and other risks associated with new product development, undetected software errors, market acceptance of Logility’s products, technological complexity, the challenges and risks associated with integration of acquired product lines, companies and services, as well as a number of other risk factors that could affect the Company’s future performance. For further information about risks the Company and American Software could experience as well as other information, please refer to American Software, Inc’s. current Form 10-K and other reports and documents subsequently filed with the Securities and Exchange Commission. For more information, contact: Vincent C. Klinges, Chief Financial Officer, American Software, Inc., (404) 264-5477 or fax: (404) 237-8868.
Logility is a registered trademark and Logility Voyager Solutions is a trademark of Logility, Inc. Other products mentioned in this document are registered, trademarked or service marked by their respective owners.