In the last few weeks, any company that imports products from China has been faced with the annual labor shutdown event due to Chinese New Year. This is a planned, known event that causes mass disruptions across supply chains around the world. However, many still are not planning adequately for this shutdown. SnapAV, a manufacturer and source of installation-friendly audio, video and CCTV products, spoke with industry publication SupplyChainBrain about their process to plan and manage Chinese New Year. SnapAV’s recommendations include:
- Define a clear inventory strategy well ahead of the disruption
- Communicate with vendors to ensure the timely arrival of inventory
- Synchronize supply and demand to optimize pre- and post-holiday orders
- Optimize storage and distribution container space to avoid shortages or empty capacity
- Use Logility Voyager SolutionsTM to identify business cycle calendars to boost forecast accuracy
- Define roles and responsibilities within the company to lessen the disruption
- Monitor performance process and look to improve for the following year(s)
To learn more about how SnapAV has turned potential challenges into opportunities, watch the video below.
In an ever-evolving world, supply chain optimization needs the flexibility to plan for a variety of risks and opportunities. Set the foundation now to turn potential disruptions into winning opportunities. And remember, the best time to be proactive is now!
Executive Vice President, Logility With more than 25 years of experience in the development, support and marketing of enterprise software solutions, Karin is able to provide The Voyager Blog several provoking perspectives including market-shaping events, end-user perspectives and technical reviews. She is a widely quoted source on the evolution of the supply chain, frequent author to many leading publications, and can be found speaking at many of the industry’s leading conferences.