Vice President, Talent Development
- Atlanta, GA
- Human Resources
- Full Time
CRITICAL CHARACTERISTICS & COMPENTENCIES:
- Has a track record of building long term strategy and vision for talent and culture of an organization. Has experience understanding a businesses’ long-term strategy and understanding how to make the correct roadmap for talent in order for the organization to be set up to achieve its long-term goals. Weighs in confidently on business decisions that are not talent/focused. Can see around corners and anticipate future opportunities and problems.
- Brings a pragmatic approach to their strategy. Leverages data to make the right decisions and knows the correct levers to pull to drive success. Proactively identifies and implements opportunities to drive the company forward.
Provides clear direction on strategic goals, translating and prioritizing them into business and performance measures.
- Has experience building a people/talent development roadmap for an organization and executing to it.
- Has a successful track record of hitting deliverables/timeframes. Successfully puts all the high-level pieces into place. Knows how to move fast and fail early, constantly improving instead of striving for perfection from the start. Will roll up sleeves and do whatever it takes to get the job done as a team of one- while at the same time knows how to delegate across an organization and set others up to execute their pieces of the roadmap (as opposed to doing 100% of it themselves).
- Experience creating and leading a strong culture throughout an organization. A role model to the organization. Truly amplifies all values. Takes reins without being asked.
- A servant leader (put service of others before leadership). Creates and energizes positive change. As a result, the team follows and achieves great things.
- Strong self-awareness and emotional intelligence.
- Hires A players 80% of the time or better; is considered by bosses to be a “great judge of talent” and able to attract talented people. Has a strategic method to make data driven hiring decisions (such as WHO/TopGrading).
- Strategically develops/coaches teams and managers to remove under performers which results in 80%+ A performers across an organization (and has 90%+ A Performers on their own team). Motivates individuals by pushing appropriate hot buttons. Is able to identify what a team member needs and give them the proper tools for their growth.
- Is a natural teacher. Excels at teaching all levels of an organization. Knows how to distill information into digestible pieces that all employees can take action on. Is able to create a strong training curriculum based on an organization’s needs (and knows when to bring in external help when needed). Successful at teaching large groups and coaching 1:1.
- Excels in settings where there is no micromanagement. Can be 100% trusted to know the ideal outcome and reach it without being given a path to success. Has strong decision-making skills to ensure efficient and effective outcomes. Knows when to bring someone else in the loop or ask for help, and when not to. Is trusted that they will operate successfully independently.
- Is a strong communicator. Is able to communicate (orally and written) in a professional and responsible manner 100% of the time. Is strong at speaking to every level of the organization. Is able to effectively push back or give difficult feedback in a productive manner. Leans into conflict and helps navigate a successful outcome. Knows that listening is as (if not more) important than speaking and therefore seeks to understand.
- At every position they have created their own systems of organization and workflow (utilizing outlook and other tools) in order to stay on top of work. Their strong systems of organization allow them to successfully execute simultaneous projects at once. Nothing falls through the cracks.
- Proactively identifies areas of improvement and goes ahead and executes to improve them without being asked. In addition, knows the right things to tackle, versus getting pulled into unnecessary projects.
- Has a track record of successfully building relationships throughout an organization at every level. Is seen as a partner across the organization. Seamlessly works across departments. Through their strong relationship building they are seen across the organization as a trusted leader. Additionally, has experience being on an Executive Leadership Team/Sr. Management team and is comfortable managing up and having their voice heard as the advocate for employees/culture.
Mentor / Coach
- Is an eager and effective mentor and coach to all – especially the leadership team. Gains trust of those they are supporting. Proactively coaches. Can challenge and push others to grow, even though they do not directly manage them. Knows how to coach teammates through difficult situations and how to coach leaders to be better leaders.
- Is seen as the pillar of trust in the company. Throughout their career has been given highly confidential information and kept it highly confidential. Former bosses would say they had full integrity and were trustworthy.
SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS
- 10+ years of influential HR leadership experience in a high-quality organization that leverages human resources best practices.
- Bachelors Degree and previous experience in a high-growth public SaaS company, preferably in a global environment, preferred.
- Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change based on business needs.