Vice President, Communications
- Full Time
The Vice President of Marketing Communications is responsible for leading the company’s integrated communications functions including public relations, analyst relations, social media, corporate communications. The VP of Communications reports to the Executive Vice President of Marketing and will work closely with executives and peers to establish company positioning, messaging, and to refine a powerful narrative to raise awareness of the company and the value we bring to our customers to the media, analysts, and influencers. This position is remote; candidates can be located anywhere in the U.S.
CRITICAL COMPONENTS & SKILL SETS
The position requires a strong understanding of brand, communications, and how to construct and manage a communications strategy for a public company that is recognized as a leader in the industry. Experience developing communications, thought leadership, and influencer programs that demonstrably increased brand awareness. A visionary leader who can roll their sleeves up and design, assemble, and execute inspiring content that consistently exposes the value our company brings to the market. Expert story-telling, and message crafting skills in the complex supply chain and ERP software market.
- Knowledge. Should be knowledgeable of enterprise software corporate communication best practices, and have expert level understanding of developing successful analyst and public relations strategy.
- Experience. Supply chain, ERP, or complimentary enterprise software marketing and communications experience preferably with a public company.
- Creativity. Proactively defines new creative programs, identifies new channels and outlets for communication, and explores new ways for the brand to be amplified.
- Attention to Detail. Meticulous about accurate representation of the company, brand, and messages that are promoted. Organized, and deeply passionate about delivering perfection when it comes to message, brand value, and customer success.
- Natural curiosity. Genuinely interested in crafting powerful messages and stories that exemplify the value of our brand, solutions and success of our customers.
- Strategic thinking/visioning. Passionate about finding a new way to articulate value, experienced at translating vision into communication programs that excite and motivate audiences.
- Honesty/integrity. Does not cut corners ethically. Earns trust and maintains confidences. Does what is right, not just what is politically expedient. Speaks plainly and truthfully. Engages and represents the company as the brand ambassador to influencer and media community.
- Decisiveness. Intuitively skilled at responding to crisis, change, and opportunity quickly and then translating into valuable communications that amplify brand.
- Curiosity. Naturally seeks new knowledge and learns quickly. Demonstrates ability to quickly and proficiently understand and absorb new information and translate and amplify message and content through channels that raise brand awareness.
- Flexibility/adaptability. Adjust quickly to changing priorities and conditions. Copes effectively with complexity and change. Open and collaborative when constructing new communication strategy and routes to market.
- Enthusiasm. Exhibits passion and excitement for engagement with channels, influencers, and media. Driven to identify the essence of a story, the value of a solution, and the amplification of a story.
- Teamwork. Reaches out to peers and engages direct reports to establish an overall collaborative working relationship.
- Communication Skills. Maintain an excellent communication framework across the various organizational functions and share best practices internally, with partners and agency.
- Minimum 8+ years of communications leadership experience
- Proven track record of leading communications, public relations, analyst relations teams.
- Experience leading corporate communications during times of significant growth and transformation.
- Experience with tier one media, analyst, and general influencer community
- Knowledge of Supply Chain and ERP software market.
- Minimal travel required.