- Atlanta, GA
- Research & development
- Full Time
CRITICAL CHARACTERISTICS & REQUIREMENTS
- Should be knowledgeable of software development and willing to adopt the best new tools/strategies for effective software development.
- Have effective communication within the sprint process.
- Ability to identify A Players. Sources, selects, and sells “A” players to join the company.
- Able to produce significant code with minimal wasted effort.
- Honesty/integrity. Does not cut corners ethically. Earns trust and maintains confidences. Does what is right, not just what is politically expedient. Speaks plainly and truthfully.
- Moves quickly and takes a forceful stand without being overly abrasive.
- Follow-through on commitments. Lives up to verbal and written agreements.
- Learns quickly. Demonstrates ability to quickly and proficiently understand and absorb new information, especially new technology.
- Analytical skills. Able to structure and process qualitative or quantitative data and draw insightful conclusion from it. Exhibits a probing mind and achieves penetrating insights.
- Attention to detail. Does not let important details slip through the cracks or derail a project.
- Demonstrates tenacity and willingness to go the distance to get something done.
- Acts without being told what to do. Brings new ideas to the table.
- Flexibility/adaptability. Adjust quickly to changing priorities and conditions. Copes effectively with complexity and change.
- Understands that a proper common culture across a development teams is critical to achieving our overall goal of one, highly efficient, innovative development team.
- Exhibits passion and excitement over technology. Has a can-do attitude.
- Reaches out to peers and cooperates with supervisors to establish a collaborative working relationship.
RESPONSIBILITIES & REQUIRED SKILLS
- Support the effort to retro-fit code into various versions.
- Work with scrum teams (QA, development, product owners) to understand how fixes were developed.
- Background developing applications using Microsoft Visual Studio.
- Ability to troubleshoot and have curiosity for understanding different sets of code.
- Ability to take direction and learn quickly.
- Strong communication skills and ability to understand technical challenges and solutions.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Industrial Engineering.
- 2-4 years of relevant experience.
PREFERRED SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE
- Familiarity with Supply Chain Planning.
- Experience with GIT code repository.
- A great team player.
- This position will be part of a SWAT team assigned to support multiple code bases.
- This position will not manage personnel.