Quality Assurance Engineer
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Perform manual functional, regression, end-to-end and user acceptance testing on web based applications
- Document and report issues in bug tracking system (JIRA)
- Coordinate with developers, product managers, DBAs and business analysts as necessary to drive defects to resolution
- Take ownership of product and process quality including determination and improvement of quality metrics.
- Have a sense of urgency for high impact issues, accelerate processes as necessary to get them resolved
- Raise flags for high severity defects to help product and release managers make go/no-go decisions
- Develop test strategies and test plans to provide a framework for achieving release criteria during limited testing cycles.
- Write, maintain and execute test cases.
- Contribute to product design, documentation and support.
- Explore and exploit opportunities for QA automation.
- Work with R&D, Product Management, Professional Services, and Customer Support to understand and address specific customer needs and issues and ensure they are reflected in test plans.
- Improve development and QA processes.
- Work under limited guidance
- Take initiative and participate in formal/informal training to increase supply chain management domain knowledge along with technical skills
- BA/BS degree in computer science or a related field.
- 3+ years experience developing and executing manual tests and other QA activities for web-based enterprise-level software products, preferably supply chain related applications.
- Detailed knowledge of all aspects of the Software Development Life Cycle including requirements gathering, design, and testing using current testing methodologies.
- Testing experience with browser clients, web servers, and Windows applications/services.
- Experience writing test plans and test cases.
- Fundamental knowledge of SQL with the ability to generate basic SQL queries for testing
- Ability to work independently and with a team in a fast-paced and dynamic company environment under tight deadlines
- Solid, analytical problem-solving skills.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Proficiency in understanding technical documentation and requirements.
- Experience with bug and feature tracking systems (JIRA preferred).
- Predisposition to find ways to break software systems.
- Passionate about delivering high quality products
- Experience working in an agile environment
Experience with test automation tools preferre