Implementation Consultant – Optimization Solutions
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Analyze customer supply chain improvement, design, or re-design requirements and propose Logility solutions.
- Evaluate customer challenges dealing with a range of supply chain issues including sourcing, supply planning, manufacturing, distribution, logistics, and inventory planning and recommend a course of action for implementing initiatives based on their unique business environment.
- Consult with customers on best practices in constraint-based planning/optimization and advise them on their specific challenges.
- Ensure clear understanding of customer requirements and manage customer expectations.
- Lead projects to implement and apply Logility constraint-based solutions to address customer’s challenges and integrate it with their processes and systems
- Communicate the results of analysis and make recommendations to senior management with regard to course of action.
- Works primarily as a team member but also alone on some projects with new clients on their site
- Guides customers in their solution design and configuration, working through a logical progression to prepare the software solution and the user community for a production deployment.
- Prepares training materials and exercise/practice examples for use in the training sessions
- Guides the client in preparation of their Application Document manual which will include decisions made by the client, the rationale for their decisions, “white papers” needed to explain how a decision was reached, user procedures, testing outlines and other documentation as needed
- Develops implementation project plans and timelines along with a scope document that will serve as the roadmap for the client implementation
- Provides internal reports after each client visit which highlight accomplishments, issues and status against the project plan
- Tracks the Professional Services hours against the customer budget and keeps the client informed of expenditures to-date against the budget
- Will direct client personnel, as needed, in their task assignments
- Will assist the client, as needed, in managing the overall implementation project
- Ensures that client executive management is provided a periodic project update with accomplishments, issues and decisions where their action is needed
- Trains customers to use the products properly
- Works with the client in developing a business solution incorporating the new software and ensures that the client is prepared to test the new business solution before using in a production mode
- Completes, maintains, and processes pertinent paperwork and records
- Work on projects at various, unanticipated sites throughout the United States.
- Bachelor in Business Administration, Engineering, Transportation & Logistics, or a related field and 6+ years’ experience as a client facing implementation consultant.
- Experience to include 6+ years with supply chain management business processes, operating systems, ERP systems, integration, optimization and experience with a leading supply chain planning software (Logility, JDA, Manugistics, i2, Demantra, SAP APO)
- Strong skill in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and Microsoft Visio.
- Experience with SQL.
- Must be available to work at various, unanticipated sites throughout the U.S.
- Extensive travel required (up to 100%)
ABOUT THE COMPANY
Headquartered in Atlanta, Logility is a leading provider of collaborative supply chain optimization and advanced retail planning solutions that help small, medium, large, and Fortune 500 companies realize substantial bottom-line results in record time. Logility Voyager Solutions is a complete supply chain management and retail optimization solution that features a performance monitoring architecture and provides supply chain visibility; demand, inventory and replenishment planning, Sales and Operations Planning, supply and inventory optimization, manufacturing planning and scheduling, and retail merchandise planning and allocation. Logility has more than 1,300 customers worldwide including Big Lots, Husqvarna, Fender Musical Instruments, Parker Hannifin, Verizon Wireless, and VF Corporation.