In the last few weeks, any company that imports products from China has been faced with the annual labor shutdown event due to Chinese New Year. This is a planned, known event that causes mass disruptions across supply chains around the world. However, many still are not planning adequately for this shutdown. SnapAV, a manufacturer and source of installation-friendly audio, video and CCTV products, spoke with industry publication SupplyChainBrain about their process to plan and manage Chinese New Year. SnapAV’s recommendations include:
- Define a clear inventory strategy well ahead of the disruption
- Communicate with vendors to ensure the timely arrival of inventory
- Synchronize supply and demand to optimize pre- and post-holiday orders
- Optimize storage and distribution container space to avoid shortages or empty capacity
- Use Logility Voyager SolutionsTM to identify business cycle calendars to boost forecast accuracy
- Define roles and responsibilities within the company to lessen the disruption
- Monitor performance process and look to improve for the following year(s)
To learn more about how SnapAV has turned potential challenges into opportunities, watch the video below.
In an ever-evolving world, supply chain optimization needs the flexibility to plan for a variety of risks and opportunities. Set the foundation now to turn potential disruptions into winning opportunities. And remember, the best time to be proactive is now!