In the specialty retail industry, consumer expectations are high and competition is heavy. In order to sustain and grow margins, many companies are managing multi-channel strategies for retail, catalog, web and B2B operations. Still, you’re constantly challenged to lure consumers away from mass merchants, discount stores, department stores and online retailers. A constant stream of new products keeps your inventory selections fresh. But you need aggressive inventory planning and promotions to optimize sales of short-lived items. Accurately forecasting market demand is a must. Global Sourcing adds complexity and time to the business of ensuring in-stock positions and in-season replenishment. At the end of the day, you need to be able to avoid obsolete inventory and prevent drastic markdowns.
Logility Voyager Solutions™ gives you the ability to create accurate forecasts early in the planning cycle so you can shorten lead times, reduce inventory risk and improve margins. With greater supply chain visibility, you can better synchronize global resources to streamline sourcing, manufacturing and logistics processes. Improved inventory management helps you improve product availability as you increase inventory turns. Logility’s modeling strengths will help you better ensure promotional success and effectively manage short product life cycle challenges. And you can optimize both warehouse and transportation operations to decrease costs and deliver exceptional customer service.
Specialty retail companies are achieving remarkable results with Logility's solution suite. You can capitalize on this proven technology to:
- Improve sales and operations planning (S&OP) and generate a one-number forecast for sales, operations, financials and marketing
- Ensure adequate in-store availability and avert customer defections
- Plan and manage promotional requirements efficiently, including multiple factors
- Set time-phased inventory targets dynamically, based on specific seasons, safety stock and lead time rules
- Collaborate with suppliers to improve product availability
- Improve sourcing and production of private-labeled products to reduce lead times and maximize the selling season
- Leverage point-of-sale demand signals to improve forecast accuracy