Margins can be thin in the fast-paced food and beverage market. Competition is strong in the fight for shelf space. Brands and SKUs are proliferating, with a steady stream of new flavors and product variations entering the marketplace. Seasonality can have a huge impact on this market, both in terms of predicting demand and production planning. Food production is often impacted by changeovers from fresh-pack and frozen items. Capacity constraints and quality requirements also affect manufacturing. Some companies are consolidating plants and increasingly relying on co-packers. Others are expanding into global markets in search of new sales and local supplies. Many companies are increasing their product portfolios to meet shifting consumer tastes. And, with transportation costs rising faster than the rate of inflation, efficient logistics is more critical than ever.
Logility Voyager Solutions™ will help you eliminate problems caused by limited visibility of supply chain operations. Leveraging demand planning capabilities, you can increase forecasting accuracy across your portfolio. You’ll be able to balance spikes in seasonal sales and more effectively manage promotional events. Manufacturing support enables you to optimize production across multiple plants. Robust inventory management helps you ensure adequate in-store levels and excellent customer service. And with Logility, you can optimize both warehouse and transportation operations so you can gain cost-saving efficiencies in distribution.
Capitalizing on Logility’s strong expertise in the food and beverage industry, you can:
- Eliminate supply chain problems caused by limited visibility, errors, incomplete data and delayed communications
- Optimize production in multiple plants by managing capacity constraints, changeovers, shelf-life limitations, safety requirements and more
- Plan and manage promotions by modeling multiple demand factors
- Streamline sales and operations planning
- Satisfy retailer requirements such as Vendor Managed Inventory (VMI)
- Lower transportation costs and increase movement efficiencies